Monday 16 April 2012

Haul of America/ Shopping Tips for USA

Okay so I lied. I didn't just go to New York...I also went to Jacksonville to visit some family (as I do quite often). For those of you who don't know (which is most of you I'm guessing) that's in Florida. You'd think if I was going to New York, why on earth would I bother shopping in a town you haven't heard of in Florida? Florida happens to have some of the best Outlet malls in the states, not to mention having huge shopping centers where you don't have to deal with the crowds of 5th Avenue or Macy's.
 Let me let you in on a few little shopping tips for the US;
  • ALWAYS go to Outlet malls, if you are near one, where you can find discounted designers (sometimes extremely discounted) that New York department stores otherwise sell to you at full price telling you it's in season and trendy. And then they give you a **huge** 10% off, making you feel really chuffed for finding a good bargain when actually you've just been conned for a being a tourist.  
  • Check LOCAL shopping malls for bargains and deals first, then go check out the city fashion. I've found in the US, any day remotely significant of something to celebrate is used as an excuse to capitalize on consumerism..So take advantage of that and look for the 40% off 'One day events' *realistically this happens once every week*.
  • If you're staying with family or friends, ask them if they receive any coupons (Cheap, I know but the fact of the matter is; it can save you a LOT). 
  • It's true, american small town fashion can be plain jane and nothing special but you can find really cool stuff in smaller stores that sound less heard of..and don't be scared to buy and experiment with things that are bit outdated or crazy...especially if it's coming at a bargain price
I've saved hundreds of dollars like this over my numerous years of shopping in the USA and I hope they are useful for you too!
Here's all the stuff I bought this time round in Jacksonville and some of it in New York :)
 I mainly bought dresses this time and my main B-day present from the parents :D

From Urban Outiftters; casual yet dressy; doesn't show it's full prettyness until you put it on :)

From Urban Outfitters; edgy and cool; Can be styled in many ways to look dress, girly, edgy or chic


From Urban Outfitters; one word; Rihanna.


From New York & Company **co-incidence**; stylish and workwear-y


Forever21: Bohemian edgy....now I just need to figure out what to wear it with...

And from New York's Macy's; **I bought all three dresses for $70 together..now that's what I call SALE SHOPPING!!**




BCBGeneration; To add a pop of colour to my summer wardrobe (notice the cute peep-cut at the back shown by my Empire State pamplet LOL)

This one is my experimental summer dress so I can play with funky patterns :) I loved the double strappies

Racheal Roy; loove this dress...looks soo chic with the sequins and very in-season for summer..(although this is a bad pic)..watch out for an outfit post with this dress

AND THE BEST FOR LAST; MARC BY MARC JACOBS :D 








Thank you mummy and daddy :)

Hope you enjoyed the Haul and Tips! Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Cute purchases!! Would you like to follow each other?
    xx
    junebiswas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete